Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Snow Patrol

So Snow Patrol released their latest CD a couple months ago and I actually thought about buying it even though I haven't bought a CD in a really long time. I ended up not buying it and kind of forgot about it. Then Grey's Anatomy used "Chasing Cars" during the finale and it became an incredibly popular song. Normally when listening to music I don't think critically about it, meaning I don't analyze the song, I just either do or do not like the tune. But for some reason this song intrigued me. I watched the music video for the song and the very end of the video is interesting... watch it because I think there is this very Christian theme going on within this love song. Another song of theirs "Hands Open" talks about Sufjan Stevens, who is an incredible artist with an amazing voice and one of the most intuitive song writers who is a Christian but doesn't fall into that whole Christian artist category, kinda like U2. Anyways, I really like this song and think everyone should watch the video and tell me what you think. Plus I really like the lyrics "I need your grace, to remind me, to find my own."

No comments: